For over 200 years the First Presbyterian Church in Lancaster has declared the good news of Jesus Christ to this community and Fairfield County.
In 1801 a number of Presbyterians living in Lancaster were gathering in homes for worship and fellowship. The common thought is that the present church was organized around 1802 and was the first of any denomination in the town. By 1807 the church was meeting regularly in the new County courthouse located in the intersection of Main and Broad Streets. 1820 marked the purchase of the property on North Broad Street and the present sanctuary was dedicated in October of 1969.
The Gospel is still being declared and practiced daily by the congregation. To aid in personal growth a variety of activities are pursued including fellowship groups, Bible studies, Sunday School classes and special worship opportunities. Missions at the local, national and international levels are being regularly supported with a hands-on component involving church participation.
We invite all those who have thirsted for further light and a relationship with the living God to join us in fellowship.
|First Presbyterian Church • 222 North Broad Street, Lancaster, OH 43130 • (740) 653-1594|